Chicago Glass Collective is a 1,100 sq. foot community glass studio!
Our well-equipped educational facility is an intimate venue to exhibit glass and a welcoming working studio which includes:
- Workspaces for Glass Flame-working, Glass Fusing & Glass Casting
- Multiple Kilns & Torches
- Cold-Working Equipment
- Screen-Printing Equipment
- Retail source for Glass Materials & Supplies
We invite you to visit, learn about glass, exchange ideas, and share your latest projects!
Find out how to JOIN US!
Workspace for glass fusing is available for rent at $5/hr for members and $10/hr non-members. Minimum 2-hour rental required.
Studio rental includes use of the following amenities:
- Large work areas
- GlassTac, Elmer’s Glue & Glass Cleaner
- Safety glasses
- 12” rulers, 22” straight edges, 12" L rulers & 18" T-squares
- Two strip cutters
- Two circle cutters
- Frit maker
- Sharpies & wax markers
- Work-in-process storage (up to 2 pieces)
Bullseye sheet glass and accessory glass is for sale at the studio.
All kilns are rented out in 24-hour sessions. Rental fees include regular full fuse firings & slumps, thick fuse & thick slumps, dammings and castings. Kiln fees will be pro-rated in 12-hour increments after the first 24-hour cycle. Kiln rentals may be shared.
Kilns for rent include:
- One 8” x 8” test kiln ($10/members, $15/ non-members)
- One 16” Jen Ken clam shell kiln ($20/members, $25/non-members)
- One 18” Jen Ken hex kiln ($20/members, $25/non-members)
- One 15" x 26" rectangle kiln ($25/Members, $30/non-members)
- One large 18” x 40” Oval Skutt kiln ($75/members, $80/non-members)
- Vitrigraph kiln is $50 per pot (includes set up the day of the pull)
- Molds 6” or larger are available for $5 per use. (Molds 6” or smaller are free.)
- Thin Fire is for sale for $4/per sheet.
- Fiber paper is for sale. It is $8/per sq. foot.
- 6 Hot Head torches ($5/hr members and $10/hr non-members; minimum 2 hours)
- 2 Oxy/Propane minor burners- $15/hr (non-member)
$12.50/hr (minimum 2 hours) and/or OS punch Card (members only)
- One Fishbone kiln & One Chilipepper kiln
- Tweezers, mashers (large and small), tungsten pics, graphite marvers
- Large workspace
- State-of-the-art ventilation
- Frit maker, bead storage and bead Release
- Glass rod rests and mandrel holders
- Safety glasses
- Inland Grinder
- Diamond pads
Coldworking equipment is available for rent at $20/hour for members and $25/hour for non-members.
- 12” lap grinder with magnetic pads (100 grit to polish)
- MK Wet Saw with sliding platform
- Inland grinder for smoothing edges and removing sharp ends
- Dremel with flex shaft and diamond bits
- Diamond Pads
- Loose grit for hand lap grinding
- Ring saw
- Belt sander (Covington table top)
- Drill press
- Utility sink
Screen print equipment is available for rent at $30/hour with your own screen, $40 hour using CGC screens (one hour minimum required.)
One 20" x 16", 120 or 220 mesh screen (extra screens $5 ea)
Emulsion for one screen
- Use of light table/exposure unit
- Emulsion strip for 1 screen
- Sponges, scrubbers, squeegees
- Enamel powder sold by the gram ($2/gram)
- Enamel ink medium sold by the gram ($2/gram)
- Glassline paints sold by the bottle ($8)